UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog friendly real ale & cider pub

staffymonkey

Thought I’d share my most favourite dog friendly pub in Bristol – it’s call the Cornubia, and quiet dogs on leads are very welcome. It’s in the center, opposite the back of the fire station, so usually fairly quiet. Whenever I take the Madster, we get a very warm welcome, a bowl of water, and lots of fuss from passing patrons.

And as an added bonus, they serve the nicest HAND MADE pork pies in the world!!!!

Other pubs that I’ve found that allow dogs include:

The King William (Centre)

The Mardyke (Hotwells)

The Nova Scotia (Hotwells/Baltic Wharf)

The Old Dukes (Jazz pub in centre, near the Old Vic though can get very busy, so not so good if your pooch is freaked out in public and won’t fit on your lap)

The Alma Tavern (Clifton – and it does ok food!)

Of course, all of the above request that your dog is quiet, well behaved and on a lead at all times.

Please add on the thread with other doggie friendly pubs round Bristol & Bath – I’m always keen to hear of them ;)

The Cori Tap in Clifton is also very dog friendly. We took Millie in on a Sunday afternnon, and there was a folk-tye band on. Embarrasingly, Millie decided she'd like to join in with the singing :embarassed: We'd just shut her up when the barman came over to us... clearly we though we were going to be asked to leave, but instead he asked if Madam would like some water, and made a big fuss of her :)

In the summer we walk down Gloucester Road - some of the pubs down there have seating out the front (inc The Anchor - just don't go inside! and The North), and it's quite nice to sit out and people-watch

Thanks anna! I'd never thought of the corrie tap. Bet you nearly died when she started singing! It IS a great pub though, as long as you don't go on the Exhibition!

I can't wait till the summer! Maddie only arrived in late summer, then needed injections, so we didn't really get to do much sitting in the sun/playing on the downs/sunny putdoor pub crawls as she had to stay in her bag so as not to get parvo :( ....

I've got another couple to add to the list:

The Orchard (near Spike Island) - good for cider

The Portwall Tavern (though it's not brilliant)

The slightly horrid, but very entertaining Collesium. It's a rock and roll pub, that lets you sit in t's heated conservatory tent and brings yiou water if you have a doglet. Very bizarre, but I rather liked it for kitsch value... think it'd be very busy with families in the summer tho...