UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Need Help!

BillyMalc

One of my 'lodger dogs' Sparky, a plm 2 year old, neutered BC cross, has recently started to wee in the house at night. They (the 2 'lodgers') have their bedroom in the 'office', which is also known as the 'dog room'. They spend most time there during the day, it's got their beds and blankets in it etc and we're there a lot too, as the computer is there. Basically a very familiar room to the dogs, with, as far as I know, no bad connotations. Lately Sparky's woken me up in the middle of the night, whingeing and whining, and when I open the door Sparky's often stood behind it and a big wee behind him. At first I was sure that it was Sophie ('lodger' girl - about 4 years old, spayed BC cross) who had wee'd, as it looks like a 'girls' wee', ie. not aimed up against something. But it really seems to be Sparky.

After their last walk at night, I put the 'lodgers' in the office - Mal and Kiera sleep in bed with me. A couple of hours later, I was woken up by the same whingeing, opened the door, Sophie was stood behind it, while Sparky was on the sofa, looking totally relaxed. I let Sophie out in the yard for a few minutes (it was raining and freezing cold so I'm afraid that I wasn't too motivated to stand in the door way to check if she did anything, I have to admit), got her settled in and went back to bed. A few hours later there was a racket next door, and both dogs looked distressed when I went to look what was going on. I'm sure that there wasn't anything outside that could have scared them, because Kiera would have been the first to play up and bark, and she was not at all bothered. Anyway, there was another 3 wees! So let them both out this time and cleaned up - not saying anything at all - and let them back in. After that it was only another 1 1/2 hour before I had to get up (yaaaawn!) and they were okay during that time.

We're at a loss why this is happening. Nothing has changed lately, all the dogs are as usual during the day, they get 4 walks a day, each of them eats and drinks as normal - and doesn't seem to have any problems with being clean inside the house. What I'm worried about as well is, that Sparky and Sophie sleep together at night, so whoever it is that is playing up, will sooner or later encourage the otehr one to 'join in'. We love them to bits but neither housemate nor me is looking forward to having to get up a couple of times a night to let dogs out and clean up wee.

Any ideas that can shed any light on this would be very welcome! Thanks! :)

I would be inclined to get them to a vet Billy just to make sure they haven't got a water infection. Its strange they are waking you up to tell you that they've already been :huh:

Thing is, if they would have a water infection, it only seems to bother them between 12 and 5 AM! :wacko: They're both perfectly "normal" (well, you've seen them!) during the other 19 hours! :unsure: