UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'm Stuck

KathyM

You don't mention Skinner much whereas I kind of see him as the main man but then I don't know what they teach these days - I did a Psychology degree just over 10 years ago. It seemed a little short on the compare and contrast part as well the description of behaviourism is long and I think you could cut down on that in favour of more discussion of the differences.

I found on my course that the tutors didn't care less about the length although they would always specify one. In the end I was turning in essays four times longer than they had asked for and getting really good marks. I started off trying to get them the right length and getting remarks like "you didn't mention this area at all" when I would have but there wasn't the room. Asking other students I found they were turning in much longer essays and my marks went up when I did the same so it might be worth asking around and seeing what everyone else is doing.

I wrote all mine overnight too :laugh:

Thanks you lot for all your help. I made some changes when I got up this morning with a fresh mind, which I think covered most of your points - so thank you very much. :flowers:

Fenrir - couldn't really add much about Skinner as we haven't studied him in depth yet (unless they did while I was off, but I know I've missed Humanistic rather than Behaviourist). We've focused on the very basics, Pavlov and Watson. It's only GCSE/AS sort of level this year.

Well it's handed in now - looks like I got the referencing right, so thank you ever so much for all of your help. :GroupHug:

Sorry, too late to help, only just noticed. And what a worthless statement that is!!

For next time I can give you a few tips. If you still want to discuss anything then I will happily throw a few things into the melting pot.

I'm no expert but I do know a few things about essays (spent far too long in the education system :wacko: )