UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wish Us Luck

waggi

Tonight is the first time Meg is going to get a proper run since she got attacked at Mottram - she totally lost her confidence and didnt want to know after that

Then at Chomondley (sp) castle she wasnt happy at all so we left her in the car

due to a crash outside where we train training was canciled last week so shes had 3 weeks off now

really hope it goes well for her as she had just started to run confidently at training out of netting

uhps spelt luck wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by waggi

Good luck to you. I am still trying to build Kimba's confidence again after being attacked 3 times now, all just as he was coming out of the lane. As a result of this he will not come out of the lane if there are any dogs near the end, and he has started running out at the top.

Hope it all goes well for you and let me know if you have any tips for helping them get over a problem like that.

I think Jayne is right, for a while now I have had to make sure that everyone at training gives Kimba loads of room in the run back, no dogs run straight after him and everyone stays away from the entrance of the lane when he is coming back.

I have built his confidence up a bit by working on sending him into the lane sooner so crossing closer with the dog coming out, he seems to be coping better with that now and will even cross with Mad Mandy's psycho Rye!!! Just got to hope that that will convert to coming out as well and that he remembers how much he enjoys it all.

Good luck with her, at least you have got the winter to work on it before the main season starts again. Let us know how you are getting on, maybe we shold start a nervous flyball dog thread for updates!!!

ive come to the conclusion that to get Brock to run well i need a diffrent person for each leg

he runs great for a diffrent person each time :wacko:

and we have Flyte picking up a tennis ball - yes shes spiting it back out but at least shes getting the ball :biggrin:

the dog actually ran at her when she was well away from the lane - little git - it did it to Brock as well who gave it the biggest gob full