UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bleeding Skin

KathyM

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on anything Bullmastiffs are prone to which could cause a small area of the skin to bleed on and off?

Dharma has this tiny area on her head whih seems to bleed every now and then (she's prolly itching it). She doesn't have fleas and this is always the same small area, nowhere else on her body. It's about the size of a 5p coin at most, in fact thinking about it, it's a bit smaller than that.

When I part the fur, there is a bit of crusted blood in there so hard to see anything. I did see last night when it was bleeding what looked in shape like a cluster of fleas, but on closer inspection, these weren't fleas but a part of her (she is also Frontlined regularly so I'm sure it's not a flea issue). However, I can't feel anything this morning when I run my fingers over it, so it may have just bleen a bit of clotted blood. If it's a wart then it's not a very big/visible one as when it's not bleeding you can't see a thing.

I'm going to nip her down to the vets if it flares up again, but I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks

Kathy

xx

Warts are usually raised, but perhaps not always. That's not the place they put the Frontline, is it? Is there anything you're aware of that happens at that particular spot? Only thing I can think of at the mo is perhaps a little something under the skin that she's trying to get out? Tiny thorn or something? If you reckoon that's a possibility, Homeopathic Silicea30c, one tablet three times a day for a few days would get it out. From chemist/health food stores.

Thanks Muriel :flowers: I'd expect her to have some kind of swelling or signs of infection if this was something that had been stuk in her head for the last month or two, but I'll have another look if she'll let me. It's not where I apply the Frontline, it's on her forehead, about 3" above her left eye.

I went to give it another inspetion this morning but she deided it'd be helpful to roll onto her back for a belly rub. :rolleyes:

Scout had a benign hemangioma removed which looked like a 2/3mm blood blister on her stomach, which appears now and again and then falls off (apparently they often do) Does it look like a round piece of tar? (weird, I know, but the easiest way to describe it!)

Edited by PrincessC

Right, I've had another peek. Must get Lisa's amera at some point. I can still see what I mistook for flea shapes last night, it is in fact a little cluster of wartish like nearly flat growth. Most of it is nearly black, but one "grain" is reddish brown and larger. I assume that's because it's been bleeding, although that has stopped.

I was hoping it would turn out to be some kind of acne spot, but it's obviously not :( Think we're going to have to get that removed.

Right, I've had another peek. Must get Lisa's amera at some point. I can still see what I mistook for flea shapes last night, it is in fact a little cluster of wartish like nearly flat growth. Most of it is nearly black, but one "grain" is reddish brown and larger. I assume that's because it's been bleeding, although that has stopped.

Can't find a piccie of one on a dog, but here is one on a human...

982Figure7THH.jpg

That's similar but not the same (but it might be the same thing, I don't know). I'll describe hers better. Imagine a few grains of rice stuck together but much smaller and nearly flat. Then turn them reddish dark brown. It's segmented like that, hence me thinking it was a group of fleas huddled together (what was I thinking? PMSL).