UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tessa Can't Reach Her Bowls

Sezpez

I put the dogs dinner down tonight and happened to see that Tessa couldn't quiet reach down enough to eat, I ended up putting her bowl on a bucket and she happily ate from that but now i'm really worried.

Suddenly realised she couldn't have had any water for a while so put her water on the bucket and she drank the whole (large) bowl! :(

We called the on call vet and he advised that she probably has neck ache or has pulled a muscle somehow and to give her a paracetamol and keep a close eye on her. After that I rubbed/massaged her neck, shoulders and back and she was moaning and groaning the whole time, she only normally moans and groans when she is enjoying something so I hope it was helping a bit.

Right now she's knocked out and snoring so I can't really do anything else but looking back on today she has been very quiet and refused to play with her favourite tug toy :( I often put that down to the fact she is epileptic and often has a few bad days due to her high dose medication.

Do you think it is just neck pain? All my animals are breaking on me at the moment! one cat is at the vets being treated for blocked urethra, 2 of my rats are not doing very well and I fear they won't be with us much longer and now poor Tessa is poorly :mecry:

Sara

If it's a muscle, homeopathic Rhus tox could help, if it's a ligament. ruta grav could help, and of course any injury calls for Arnica. She could have put something out of place. Do you have a McTimoney/chorley chiropractor near you? Or an acupuncturist or Bowen therapist - all could put whatever it is back.

Reiki on the way if she wants it.

I've looked into chiropractors for her before because of problems I think have been caused during seizures but I can't find anyone close enough.

Reiki is more than welcome here please, anything that could help! :flowers:

If it's a muscle, homeopathic Rhus tox could help, if it's a ligament. ruta grav could help, and of course any injury calls for Arnica. She could have put something out of place. Do you have a McTimoney/chorley chiropractor near you? Or an acupuncturist or Bowen therapist - all could put whatever it is back.

Reiki on the way if she wants it.

As with most animals as soon as we got to the vet and tried to demonstrate her problem, Tessa decided that she could indeed get the treat off the floor and smother the vet with kisses and paws after :rolleyes:

He said it's obviously nothing too bad otherwise she wouldn't be getting the treats but she's got metcam to see if it helps when at home when she refuses to eat out of her bowls! :wacko: Dogs eh!

Gnasher dog did this earlier in the year although he added a scream each time he tried to put his head down to eat. It scared the living daylights out of me!! He was going to the vets anyway for his regular acupuncture session for his bad back and the vet said his neck was very sore. He had some extra needles for the pain and has been fine ever since - although the vet has added his neck to the bits he checks whenever we go for our acupuncture :wacko: