UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Buzzard Stolen Today Newquay West Wales

owl

JazztheDestroyer on here, BC on Doglost, returned from a day out to find someone had stolen her buzzard from his aviary which is not visible from the road. Her partner was in the house at the time. The person must have known Buzby was there and is tame enough to handle. A pair of tawny owls, less tame, were untouched. All these birds of prey were taken in from a sanctuary which was closing down.

I know the steps to take if your dog is stolen of course, and some are the same for a bird - police, local radio, papers, posters. Petshops, asking them to see if any new people are buying frozen stuff.

But are there any bird-of-prey people on here who can help me do some networking please?

To make matters worse, JtD has been offline for several days as her phone pole was struck by lightning. Should be back online tomorrow.

Thanks, Donna. Didn't think of Fantasy Farm Park but will call them. Calling Jean at Newquay Bird Hospital tomorrow, will ask her to ring Borth as she knows them and also may know of other places on the bird network.

The Aberaeron Wildlife Park still exists but hasn't been open to the public for a few years. Steve Harty who runs it does a lot of bird rescue, he rehomes any aviary birds which come my way. He is my number one port of call tomorrow. We will be postering the pet shop he runs in Aberaeron.

The poster OH made is on his PC which has thrown a wobbler. Mine does not have printer software thingy. Doglost techie lady has made a poster which sahe put on a doc file which mine won't read, have asked her to make it a jpeg then I can send it to you.

Police have visited aviary etc, IBR have been very helpful and so has a raptor rescuer down in Ciliau Aeron who I had never heard of before. Suddenly I am learning a lot about raptors and meeting new and interesting people!