UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Obsessed With The Dog Walk........

K9Fran

It could only happen to me! Missy the ESS has been slowly reintroduced to agility this year, after a break of a couple of years, and we've started to tackle most elements except the dog walk and the see saw - until yesterday, when we had a fun 'clear round' agility and BBQ in honour of our trainers 50th b'day.

As Madam hasn't done these two elements for some time, I walked her over them slowly on lead first. She was fine, remembered each contact point, waited on the see saw for it to tip. Once off lead, she was fine, jumping clear, until the dog walk loomed into view - and she was gone! It's her favourite piece of equipment and she wanted to do it again and again........ :rolleyes:

Now I'm not competative, and I have to be very careful about telling her off, or getting too physical with her as she shuts down on anyone who tries to force her to do anything, but no amount of 'Missy here' would stop her :weird:

Big Dave was watching, and said she was the only dog who did the dog walk with an upright wagging tail and a HUGE grin!

Guest madmare

Its nice when they have fun on the equipment like that isn't it. My 17 month old JRT has been learning agility and his favourite bits are Dog walk and A frame (Probably because for once he can be bigger than the other dogs) :laugh:

Last week though he was sliding going up the dog walk and got to the top to go accross and kept slipping. He ended up cringed on top with fear. He does have funny claws which I think need clipping so will have to get him into vets and get it done as I don't want him to lose the confuidence he has always had on the high equipment.

Bev