UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Emdac Show At Tomlinsons, Markfield

Dog Rescue Lover

Well, I take 2 of my lot to agility/obedience and they love it. Harlequin Agility is hosting an EMDAC show in September and I have just entered Annie (Lurcher) and Pheobe (Yorkie) for it - OMG :wacko: What have I let myself in for. :laugh:

We are complete novices and I'm so nervous, but looking forward to it as well - just hope they both get round (Pheobe has a habit of running past jumps and then jumping them the wrong way on the way back! :rolleyes: ) Annie loves it all, but has way too good a jump and usually clears the A frame in 2 bounds - so much for contacts :mecry: I can see us getting disqualified after 2 or 3 jumps :ohmy:

Hi Brenda,

There is a fun agility club there called Harlequin Agility. As well as agility, they also do obedience classes, but no fly ball. I think the classes are fab and I'm having so much fun with 2 of mine I don't know why I didn't do it sooner (this agility lark is very addictive! :laugh: ).

There are a number of classes running on different nights. Its probably best to ring/email Jill who runs the club (details: Phone - 0116 287 2319 or email - [email protected]) to find out more details and the best night to take Caleb (Is it Caleb of White Lodge fame?) Harlequin Agility Website Link

Oh good - Fugee peeps to see my shame :laugh: Its home ground for me if you like. Harlequin agility is based there and we go to Harlequin Agility (which is why I have entered :wacko: ).

Sorry for my ignorance, but do you do agility as well Shaun?

Well I try to! I have PMD you with contact details if you wanted to meet up and say hello at the event.

Shaun

• 1 month later...

We survived our first show :laugh: Although I didn't take Annie in the end as I didn't think she was ready and thought it might be too much for her!

Pheobe had a wonderful time (as did I) and although we didn't do very well, we did get a sort of clear round in helter skelter :wacko: We went clear, but had time faults, which I was over the moon about, as I thought we would get eliminated in it. We had faults in the agaility (5 for knocking a pole off and the rest for time again!) and got eliminated in the jumping, as she jumped the wrong way :rolleyes: Overall we had an excellent day, met lots of lovely dogs and people and took hundreds of photos!