UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Other Ways The Refuge Can Help With This?

Pingu

i was thinking about what other help we could provide here

i was thinking that if people from diff parts of the country needed to discuss stuff in real time and needed a log of what was said then for prearranged events I could create a chat room in live chat for the discussions to take place.

for thse who dont know what live chat is then its a bit like msn chat except you dont need to add people etc. more like IRC. I can also create moderated events where a q&a session could take place with the questions being subject to moderation before appearing.

anyhow let me know if this would be useful or if there are any other ways I can help

This isnt meant to sound as it probably will read, but im guessing the best way a dog forum can help is to not focus all the organising via a dog forum (if you see what im saying).

As the vast majority of British people wouldnt have heard of refuge or DP.

Even in rescue, most of my contacts and collegues havent even heard of the dog forums, or if they have, arent interested in them.

Building a website for the greyhound protest would be a good idea, and then asking the big rescues (ie Battersea) to link it to their websites, as these organsiations are more famous than dog forums, so general public are more likely to click on their websites directly (ie, not via the forums).

No offence intended, just being practical

All the organising isn't going on via a website :) , Rick has allowed the Refuge to be used as a communication route to give people an easy way to catch up and see what's happening rather than trawl through everywhere.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes with people talking/e-mailing/phoning etc.

thats cool.

But i was thinking more about was actually advertising this animal welfare event on the more mainstream popular sights, which is prob the likes of Barttersea, RSPCA, Wood Green, Dogs Trust, etc (ie, the ADCH members)

Hence, if there was a dedicated 'greyhound protest sight' that could be linked from those sights.

Or, if not, can the sights put up their own notices about the protest?

Although it seems like nothing is going on various people are sorting things out (luckily there are people out there who knew who to contact :biggrin: ), I think as soon as the date, route etc is sorted, we'll be looking for maximum publicity and asking people for help.

Laura (Elric) has already put a thread up on various sites asking for rescues to get in touch with her so we can keep them informed.

I think a website is already being put together.

We are not going to be able to put all info onto a public forum/site at the moment for a variety of reasons.

This isnt meant to sound as it probably will read, but im guessing the best way a dog forum can help is to not focus all the organising via a dog forum (if you see what im saying).

As the vast majority of British people wouldnt have heard of refuge or DP.

Even in rescue, most of my contacts and collegues havent even heard of the dog forums, or if they have, arent interested in them.

I understand what you mean Martin. Yes there are alot of people interested who don't use forums, or in some cases don't use the Internet at all.