UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Not Chasing

When we got Jed I read some where (probably on here) that you should not chase pups to get things off them , offer them a treat, so with all the bits and bobs over the last few weeks I have had a box near my desk with easy to access treats. I did worry that maybe Jed would learn 'oo pick that up and Mum will swap it for something tasty' but we have done this and I've shown the kids the same - how to swap.

Today my ED cried 'mummmmm' from the kitchen, I jumped up and in trotted Jed carrying the largest carving knife in the house - cross wise in his mouth, it had been left at the back of the unit (he is not a surfer usually) after slicing a beef joint and it must have smelt good.

I jumped up and had nothing to give him, but he turned around and stood still whilst I aksed him for the knife and he let go striaght away.

I am SO proud of him and my 14 year old for not panicing and chasing him, I told him over and over what a good boy he was took him in the kitchen and gave him a hunk of chicken - so thank you to whoever it was that said about swaping not chasing !

(he has however just eaten a paint pallette complete with paints and I have NO idea where he got that from )

:ohmy:

will try to get some tomorrow, I was sooooooo pleased with him bless

Gary took him out tonight for a quick walk along with ED and my niece 14 and 13 our lass is used to walking , t'other one is'nt and the daft lad forgot the route he took for the 20 minute walk was one of his run routes lmao they just came in 2 hours after !!

Niece has tripped on stones, walked into trees its pitch black up there and she is soooooo tired now but so is Jed !! photos to follow

me xx

• 4 weeks later...