UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

I did my part. I told the man to put the letter in with them. the transporter does this for rescues all the time so thought he would have checked. then the man was posting it, then messaging it. nothing I can do

laptop wont do what I want last few days, not happy

I ordered some plastic storage boxes with lids online this morning. This was in order to save one of us going back to Carlisle to buy some at Homebase where we got our last lot. Not only were they cheaper they are being delivered tomorrow! How's that for service? I didn't pay for next day service, just the standard delivery of £4.95. It would have cost us more in petrol for a return trip to Carlisle. I'll use the firm again if we need more.

Oh we love Prime. Not only do we enjoy all the films and TV programmes that come with it but we order loads of stuff. I get Archie's low fat treats through them, I've got a bottle of Bissell pet shampoo due and anything we run out of Amazon is my first port of call. And two of us get the same benefits from the one Prime membership. I think it's well worth the money.

Does anyone on here need a tent or know of anyone who does? We have two going spare. A small one suitable for 1-2 people that has only been used 2 or 3 times and then a bigger one suitable for 2 to 4 people. It's only been used once! I can't give more details until they come down off the attic. Anyway they are going free and we'd arrange a delivery at cost by a courier company (probably around £6) or you can come and have a holiday here and pick them up and try them out at the same time! 

Jazz my nephew is a logistics manager and he told me that most companies can only buy in certain sizes of boxes either because keeping a wider range of sizes would be too expensive and/or they don't have the space to store a wide range.  Therefore your supplier might only have a choice of 4 or 5 different sizes none of which are a particularly good fit for the item you bought. Or you got dozy Derek the packer that just reached for the size nearest to him.

The chap who plays Lucifer used to go out with my friend's granddaughter.