UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Glad he has settled in ok. Relieved that your tests are nothing to worry about, Alex.

My tracking partner is amazing and a very good friend to us. She is going to take down my leylandii hedge with her chainsaw. She has done them before. It will take several months to dispose of all the wood and foliage but we can take our time. My gardener will not be pleased as he insisted that every bit of root has to be dug out or several trees would grow from it. This is rubbish. I didn't believe it at the time, and have researched it online. It is indeed rubbish, they will only grow from cuttings. Not sure whether I have a cowboy on board or someone who knows nothing about gardening. Possibly a bit of both.

I don't think we will be as quick as that, seeing as we have 41 to come down. That is the hedge which has been clipped back to 10-12 ft. There are another 19 at the end next to the cemetery which are 30-40 ft tall but we are leaving those.

During my research on this dreaded conifer, I learned that leylandii has a whole section to itself in the Anti Social Behaviour Act.

Yantan, my brother has started looking at my grandads family...to be honest, it holds no interest to me at all but i have given him all the info we have and mum is talking to her aunty whilst she is in ireland

Jazz, glad Harry has settled in well

Owl, i can fully see why people go nuts over hedges and trees and stuff....must be quite frustrating but fair play to you and your neighbours agreeing which to remove and which to leave

Alex, pleased there was nothing to worry about

well i am unsupervised this weekend Lol...this could get messy Lol

I've had words with a man with two chihuahuas in the park when I took Archie down there for an early walk. He was shouting at both of them as I came round a bend in the path. Archie had already gone round and at first I wasn't sure if he was shouting at his own dogs or Arch. I didn't like the tone but then when one of the little Chi's didn't respond he lifted his leg & swung it back as though to kick the dog but I shouted at him before he made contact. I told him that was no way to treat a dog especially one so small and just look at the size of him. He just got really smarmy sweet with me but I told him to watch himself because he'd end up being reported. I have never seen him or the dogs before and as it's bank holiday weekend chances are he was a visitor. Now I am worried about those tiny dogs with him and wonder if I should have said or done more :err: :shrug:

marion, you said something...that is more than most do, you never know how someone will react to your intervention...you let him know that it isn't right, chances are if he does it again the next person will hopefully big a big animal loving bloke

my brother has been doing my head in messaging me all morning about family history...ahhhh, he has found a lot of the family in ireland, he has been quiet for 30 minutes so hopefully he will leave me alone

Beginning to see my late auntie's point of view. She tinted her hair because people talked down to her if she left it silver. There have been a few instances recently, and I am wondering if I should change my hair colour to see if it makes a difference. Green? Purple?