UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

No, I don't think it is a sign of failure. My problem is that i can't get district nurses, physios and social workers to realise just how ill she is. She sits there looking intelligent and smiling and saying Yes to everything, without understanding more than one word in ten, and they think they have had a proper conversation with her.

thank you for doing that xxx

I had a nice time at my sons. I have amazon vouchers for my kindle fire

The table the fish tank is on, is breaking, so have got a coffee table off freebies so will move them tomorrow

I hope you have all had a nice day xxxxxxx

Moaning :tired:

Woke up full of lurgy this morning. It's been coming and going recently so I'll hopefully feel better by this afternoon.

Garfy cat is munching a breakfast of turkey :wub:

Whizzie would you mind drawing a heart for Max please?

Owl it sounds like you're doing the right thing getting help with your mum.

RMF : It's perishing here.

Edited by merledogs

No, I don't think it is a sign of failure. My problem is that i can't get district nurses, physios and social workers to realise just how ill she is. She sits there looking intelligent and smiling and saying Yes to everything, without understanding more than one word in ten, and they think they have had a proper conversation with her.

This is what happened to us with my great aunt who lived next door to us. Time and again the professionals were taken in by her doing just what your mum does. I found it all so frustrating and felt I was being taken for a liar. It took a neighbour phoning the surgery to demand they did something about my great aunt before, finally, a psychiatrist paid her a home visit and diagnosed psychotic senile dementia ( not that I'm suggesting in the slightest that mummy Owl has that) It was as though they believed the neighbour but not me -or perhaps it was just that the neighbour backed up what I'd been telling them for months - years even!

Alex I'm glad Garfy's been tucking in :)

Vonny what a super photo of you and your gorgeous Bassets!

I'm in bed not feeling so grand so I may stay here for a while. I know when I go off food that I'm poorly! I only managed a bit of my Christmas lunch although I rallied a bit come tea time and managed some cold turkey and ham and even a piece of Christmas cake. I'm back to having no appetite this morning - but that's no bad thing really!

Owl it is so difficult to watch our parents disappear before our eyes and must be much more so when no one else seems to understand or be able to notice it. My Mum had dementia in her later years and as much as I told her Doctor and even the hospital when she had various spells in there, no one but me seemed to be able to see it. I would arrange care visits and as soon as I returned home which was over 200 miles away, she would tell them not to come any more. It would appear that even those with dementia must be allowed to decide for themselves how to run their lives. The theory I suppose might be good, but in practice it is not so.

I hope you manage to get out now and again with Wispa so it does not affect you too badly.

Xmas part 2 is getting underway shortly when Nick, Vicky, bump & Bruno arrive apparently this afternoon we will be playing Swindon Monopoly which Vicky had for Xmas lol We have already played musical chairs this morning with me rearranging the seating arrangements so that MIL and Vicky are not sitting together so that Bruno and Sal can be kept apart as much as possible. Each dog has a nice quiet room space to go to if needs be for time outs and whilst we have lunch, arrivals will be done on lead and out in the garden - wish us luck!

Owl, i am sorry to hear about your mum... and i am livid that no one believes you how bad she is, could you film her? you could then show them how bad she is.

Whizzie, thankyou so much, i really appreciate it

Snow, hope things go well today

Jazz, i am not braving the sales either!

Yantan, feel better soon

this bl**dy puppy is driving me mad, i have just popped a post in dog chat about her food if you could take a look and offer some advice i would be grateful. i have never had a puppy refuse to eat before

Afternoon :wavey: Definitely not braving the sales :laugh: One of my friends who works in the Trafford Centre was complaining this morning that all the parking spaces were full there really early :rolleyes:

I have a bit of a headache today (nothing at all to do with the copious volumes of wine I drank last night :laugh: ), so am planning on not doing very much :)