UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Help Stop The Suffering - Time Running Out

Nettie

This is your chance to help stop the inhumane and needless long haul journeys to slaughter that 100,000 horses endure every year.

A Written Declaration has been tabled in the European Parliament calling for an urgent review of the Regulation which governs the transport of horses to slaughter.

At least half of all MEPs must sign this Declaration before 21st January 2010 for it to be effective... that is under 7 days away.

Please, please contact your MEPs, asking them to sign Written Declaration 54/2009, and send our BLOG LINK http://equinerescuefrance.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/urgent-deadline-21st-january-2010/ to all your friends in Europe and the UK asking them to do the same.

The template letters in English and French, together with a list of MEPs are also on the blog link.

Thank you, we have to make a difference.

Equine Rescue France

I got this rather nice reply from my MEP

Thanks for your mail.

This is an issue which has been raised with me by many constituents and one which I have taken up with the European Commission on a number of occasions.

I remain a staunch supporter of legislation to enhance the welfare of animals and will do all I can to ensure that laws which exists to protect animals in transit across the EU are fully and properly enforced.

As such, I have signed Written Declaration 54/2009 and hope that a majority of MEPs do likewise.

Best wishes.

Ian Hudghton MEP

( PS I am a horse owner myself! )

smile.gif