UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Lost Child

taylor

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can dogs scent if someone is not walking? ie being carried?

No, that is why they said it suggested she was carried away from the supermarket or taken in a vehicle.

Whether she walked to the supermarket on her own ( looking for muumy?) or was led there by someone is not known.

Just leaving aside the issue of Maddie and her brother and sister being alone at the time of Maddie's disappearence, I have a question for those who feel the media coverage is too much or that the parents are receiving 'preferential treatment' (for want of a better expression).

If you were in this position wouldn't you do the same as they are, regardless of how you came by the opportunities to do so ? Wouldn't you try and move mountains to find your missing child ?

I don't think it's fair to criticise the amount of publicity this case is getting if it means getting Maddie back or finding out what has happened to her (and ultimately bringing those responsible to justice).

Clearly the parents have made a decision that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

For now, they are concentrating on their efforts to find out what has happened to Maddie - IF the apporopriate authorities deem that any parental neglect is to be dealt with, let that be done at a later date and fuel all efforts at this time into finding Maddie.

IMHO whether or not hotel bills etc are being paid by the family or as a result of fund raising or by the supportive hotelier is all subjective on our part.

I also heard on this am's news that the Portugese police had 2 large dossiers with information supplied by psychics both in Portugal and the UK - apparently leading to an address in London being investigated, sadly to no end.

I would imagine that the parents, even if they would chose not to accept help from such people, would not be able to influence the police in their decision.

It's all just so desperately sad for everyone involved.

I completely agree but my only wish would be to see the same level of resources ploughed into finding every missing child.It makes me very sad for those who haven't got the same level of publicity for whatever reason.

I sent an email to a newspapers investagating reporter regarding 'rumours' about where the money that has been donated is being spent.

The fund has not been set up as a charity, (it not not deeded for the greater good) it has been set up as a limited company, so therefore belongs to the McCanns.

A woman who donated £200.00 emailed to ask to see what the money was being spent on and was told 'living expenses and traveling. The Mark Warner group confirmed to the person that they are providing the apartment and food and drink free of charge to the family.

A private jet is at their disposal so no travelling expenses and the person, quite rightly is upset as she thought the money would be used to maybe hire private detectives and people to search for Maddie as all of this appears to be being done free of charge.

Aslo that they are both giving up their jobs in England and plan to stay in Portugal indefinately.

The reason the person emailed with her concerns was because of a report of the parents giving an exclusive interview to Hello magazine for £75000.00

'Rumours' are what people who sent money to the fund to find Maddie are writing on a website.

I emailed because if the above are untrue then this needs to be sorted but if by the merest chance any of the above are true then something is very, very amiss and very worrying.

If there is the slightest chance they are profiting out of their daughter's disappearance it really isn't going to go down well with the general public.

I'm a great believer in the truth always finding people out in the end so if there is any hint of this it'll come out.I really hope it is just rumour though and doesn't detract away from the actual search.We know how the press love a good scandal :unsure: