UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Saffy Has A Hurty Leg

safneo

When we got up yesterday Saffy lab was limping, well only using 3 legs. I checked her over and couldnt find anything wrong. Thinking she may have overdone her run the previous day I let her rest from the morning walk. Saffy is a hardy girl and doesnt usually show pain, so I know that she was hurting. When I got home from work there was no improvement so off to the vets we went. :rolleyes:

The vet thinks that Saffy has strained or torn her knee ligament and she is now on Metacam and has 3wks house rest. We have to go back in a week and if there is no improvement we then have to have xrays done and possibly an operation to sort the problem.

So Saffy would welcome any positive thoughts and reiki and anything else going :wub:

Masses of Reiki on the way. :GroupHug:

Ligaments can take a few weeks to heal. Homeopathy can really help. Arnica for any injury, Ruta grav is for ligaments and sometimes Rhus Tox can help too. Have a chat to a Homeopath/ic vet.

Thanks, :flowers: I have arnica but wasnt sure about using that with metacam? Never heard of Ruta grav. Is this

taken orally?

I'm considering taking her back on Friday rather than next week as there doesnt seem to be any improvement whatsover. I may see how she is tomorrow morning. :(

All the positive thoughts are working :flowers: Saffy is using her leg more now. I just have to TRY and keep her quiet and stop her from boinging and damaging herself more. :rolleyes: She doesnt feel/show pain much so I know that she would overdo things given half a chance. :( Neo isnt impressed that he isnt allowed to play with his sister anymore.

I was thinking yesterday when she wasn't showing any improvement that we were heading down the operation route but I'm well chuffed today. :biggrin:

Andrea x

Glad to hear there's improvement. :biggrin:

Yes, arnica's Ok with Metacam, they work in different ways. One tablet 3 times a day for a week or so.

It really does take time for ligaments to heal, I think 'they' usually say 6 weeks anyway, so don't be thinking about operations yet, (hopefully not at all )

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• 2 weeks later...