UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

And More Starters Questions :)

LyndaTaylor

Sad person that I am I've been looking at the BFA rules on their website but I can't see anything about the criteria for being able to run in Starters?

and one more........ is Starters always classed as a fun class so no points are allocatted if I was to join the BFA and the team won a race? I'm quite happy in Startes right now thankyou :biggrin:

Lynda

Sad person that I am I've been looking at the BFA rules on their website but I can't see anything about the criteria for being able to run in Starters?

and one more........ is Starters always classed as a fun class so no points are allocatted if I was to join the BFA and the team won a race? I'm quite happy in Startes right now thankyou :biggrin:

Lynda

Starters is a fun class, always ran over 8" with netting or jump wings. Because it's a fun event, it does not come under the BFA rules, however, there is an 'unwritten' set of rules, which states that dogs can't run in starters once they have achieved their flyball dog award (for 200 points), they run over 8", and the dogs/handlers/boxloaders can do whatever they want as long as the dog comes back over the line with a ball in it's mouth :)

Starters is always a fun class, so no points will be awarded for any races in starters. Once you start running in sanctioned competitions, you will get points every time you race, whether you win or lose, depending on the time you get :)

Starters is a fun class, always ran over 8" with netting or jump wings. Because it's a fun event, it does not come under the BFA rules, however, there is an 'unwritten' set of rules, which states that dogs can't run in starters once they have achieved their flyball dog award (for 200 points), they run over 8", and the dogs/handlers/boxloaders can do whatever they want as long as the dog comes back over the line with a ball in it's mouth :)

Starters is always a fun class, so no points will be awarded for any races in starters. Once you start running in sanctioned competitions, you will get points every time you race, whether you win or lose, depending on the time you get :)

thankyou!

• 2 weeks later...
Am i right in thinking that dogs do nopt actually have to trigger the box in starters? Ellie is still scared of the box but will pick it up off the top, and run back down again, so is that allowed in starters?

Yes it is allowed, the box loader can even roll the ball down the box for the dog to catch.