UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stitches

gooster

As most of you know, Eddie had his dewclaw removed in February, and we had a few problems with him licking and chewing at it (despite him wearing a lampshade). The area where it was is still a bit rough, but I've not been able to see anything wrong with it. Yesterday at the show, I was looking at it again, when I noticed a bit of blue thread poking out of the skin :unsure: :ohmy: I didn't do anything at the time, as it's not really bothering him, and thought it was best left until we got home (or had at least finished racing, as we only had one more race to go).

Soooooo, do I try and pull this stitch out myself, or do I make him an appointment at the vets for them to do it?

There's no reason why you should have noticed. It may not have been visable until now. Sometimes Gooster, we take it for granted that the vet has done a thorough job and we don't expect to have to double check their work :rolleyes:

If you do have to take Eddie in to have the stitch removed, i would hope that they do not charge you and I would bitterly complain if they did :)

When Lady had an op a few years ago she had the stitches out then a few days later I saw a bit of thread poking through and in her case it was the internal stitches which should have dissolved and did not - gradually bits of the scar opened up and the internal stitches all came out over a couple of weeks - the poor girl went to the vets every other day for a few weeks :huh: My vets did not charge me at all for the extra visits apart from a few pence for some antibiotic tablets they gave her to stop it getting infected.

Hope Eddie and Shara are both OK :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thanks Dawn - my only worry is that he had it done 2 months ago, so they might not sort it out for free now :unsure:

I hope it's nothing major to sort it out - we are very short of dogs at the moment, and if he's out of racing for a while, it's going to cost me a fortune as we'll probably have to pull the team at the next couple of shows :(

Ian McConnels in Top Mossley. They are good, but have a computer based system thingy, and you don't usually see the same vet as last time, so they just whack it through as a consultation per dog :rolleyes: There is one vet who I quite like (who does flyball) but she's a bit dizzy :laugh:

Ian McConnels in Top Mossley. They are good, but have a computer based system thingy, and you don't usually see the same vet as last time, so they just whack it through as a consultation per dog :rolleyes: There is one vet who I quite like (who does flyball) but she's a bit dizzy :laugh:

OH's Mum takes her dog there :) I go to one on Oldham Rd I only ever pay for a vet consultation, I once took Nala, Phoenix and Chip and was only charged once, actually for Chip I only ever paid his x-ray they never charged me for any of his other treatment. I love my vets :laugh: And before they introduced the computer system they never charged me for consultations at all. They took on two more vets and a receptionist so I think they need to cover more wages now.

Well, we're back from the vets, and he's got a bald patch on his little leggy, where they had to shave it to find the stitch. It was a really long one, but it's out and sorted :biggrin:

Shara is being referred for acupuncture and hydrotherapy too AND we were only charged £14.95 :biggrin:

AND Eddie is down to 8kg (down from 9kg just after Christmas)