UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sewing Machines

Mommy Bear

I think that what ails my machine is more than needing new needles and I' feel another roman blind coming on :laugh:

Poor old thing is on its last legs. I don't want to do anything exotic with it just plain old sewing but it keeps throwing double length stitches and the tension is carp but I can't seem to adjust it. Anyhoo, I am reluctant to pay £60 to get it serviced/repaired 'cos I could put that towards a new one :rolleyes:

So, all you sew and sews out there, any recommendations ?

I'm very pleased with my Janome Sewist 525s which does all I will ever get round to doing with it and more if I ever get round to it lol! It was an upgrade from a basic Singer. It has actually been discontinued but is still a good model and you can still buy it new. http://www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk/sewing-machine/janome/janome-525s-sewist-sewing-machine-94.html . Search around and I bet you would be able to get it quite cheap. I love it.

Good luck ...

Sandi

Hey that looks really good. YouTube have a demonstration video of it and that led me to other vids!

I WANT A BLIND HEM FOOT :rolleyes:

The general price seems to be £219 with free P&P.

:ph34r_anim: Methinks negotiations will begin - with appropriate blunt force instrument :ph34r_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Now proud owner of wot she's got. :biggrin: and looking forward to trying the clever stuff. Am liking the clever needle threader and the top loading bobbin very much.

Got it from Sewing Machine World on line £219 less £20 part exchange for my old (and I mean really old machine. Good days work :laugh:

Yay! :thumbsup_anim: Have fun with it. Mine's temporarily out of the way of puppy teeth! But I'm itching to find some time to do some 'creating' with it. I only do basic stuff but have managed to make several pairs of curtains. It's just finding the time to really get to grips with it. I'd also like to have a go at turning tee-shirts into summer vests and that kinda thing. Maybe I'll get a chance to get mine going this week :rolleyes: