UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camcorder Recommendations

BeadyP

I'm thinking of buying a camcorder, mainly to record Sally running around like a loon.

I did see this Panasonic camcorder

I like panasonic, and its pretty - yup thats my level in technical knowledge.

Anyway, I went to Currys to look. and next to it was this Sanyo Hi-def camcorder.

Its pretty, and its Hi-definition,and only £10.00 more.

So, I spoke to the most unhelpful salesman ever,when I asked him which would be best for capturing a film of a running dog, he just read what was on the display card.

So, does anyone have any recommendations, that gives a clear picture of their pooches, and is about £150.00?

I know nuffink about these things, but whatever you decide on, it's always good to read reviews, both from the professionals and from punters who have bought them. I usually do a Google and then look at Amazon and Argos reviews (if they sell the product in question) and reevoo.com flowers.gif

Having had a quick look, I'd say the Panasonic one is a 'proper' camcorder, whereas the second one is one of those little handheld jobbys, which are fine for kids but my director says he bought one and it was carp.

Edited by merledogs

If you look at the product details, you can see the real difference:

Panasonic :

Optical ZoomOptical Zoom: 70x

Advanced Optical Zoom: 78xDigital Zoom100x / 3500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)

Sanyo:

Optical Zoom5xDigital ZoomShooting: Max. approx. 12x, Total zoom range: 60x (Photo)/ 60x (Video), Playback: Max. approx. 62.5x ([12M] mode, varies with resolution)