UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mobile Broadband

Ruthi (borrowadog)

I'm sure there will be someone here who knows this.

I have a blackberry, (and love it so much I will soon get my second) but its a pain to use it on internet for anything serious. Mostly thats no problem, but when I am on holiday it makes dealing with business emails a bit of a pain.

Can I put my phone SIM into a dongle for occasional use with my laptop, or is there some way in which they fix it so that's not possible?

Ruth

I don't think so but for the Iphone you can get an app that turns your phone into a wireless router thingymajog so you can connect a laptop to the internet via that - don't know if there is anything similar for the blackberry :unsure:

Well, yes, there is something similar for the Blackberry. It had 17 reviews of which only 2 said they had managed to get it working! :mecry: :ohmy:

I think I'll just have to buy a PAYG dongle. I only use it when away from home in the UK, so its not exactly going to cost me that much.

Bah Humbug!!! :wink:

I did look at it, but the whole point was the keyboard, and the touch keyboard just isn't as good. Am just about to get my second Blackberry...

We have a good friend who works for Blackberry. It wasn't the reason for choosing it, but he did come in very handy when it came to hints and tips. I'm about to upgrade and still haven't sussed all the goodies on the one I have!