UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dermatitis

griff

my 9 1/2 year old staff keeps getting bouts of dermatitis around her "bits", i think it is because after she has wee'd she licks herself alot, we have seen the vet about it, had her urine tested and that was fine.... we were given fuciderm to use but i would prefer a natural/more skin friendly alternative. after she has wee'd i now wipe her to make sure she is dry (and to try to stop her licking) she does have quite a roll of skin down there and the vet did mention that if it became severe we may need to think about getting that trimmed up (which naturally i don't want to do) can anyone reccomend a good skin kind cream for dermatitis?

My favourite standby is Grapefruit Seed Extract - GSE which is a natural antibiotic, antifungal product. You put a few drops in water and use it to wash her it will keep her clean and dry and feeling fantastic.

Here is a link to more info and where you can get it but have a hunt around the internet as you can get it really cheaply. I use it for all sorts of things - wonderful stuff.

https://www.highernature.co.uk/Products/Citricidal-Liquid

Make sure you get the higher Nature stuff as it is the best

Annw

Vitamin B & E, zinc or a lotion made of blueberry leaves are also supposed to be helpful for dermatitis & eczma.

If none of these prove sufficient Sudocrem rubbed into the area would probably help with the problem though you may need to check with the vet whether any potential for licking it afterwards could be harmful

wow i ordered the grapefruit seed extract from the link and it arrived today!!! i have used it on diezs bits and on laneys paws :biggrin:

i have tried sudocream ian :flowers: (i think it is terrific) it did male things slightly worse but perhaps i was a bit heavy handed with it :unsure: i will keep the blueberries in mind :biggrin:

100% success record still with the people I have recommended this too. I have only ever it externally but it also kills internal parasites as well, so you can use it as a wormer instead of Drontal if you wish.

So happy that Diez is feeling better.

Give her a hug from all of us

Anne, Barty Chloe