UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fantasy Festival Line-Up

celeste

As this is a fantasy line up I'm assuming we are allowed bands with members that are no longer alive and/or together any more. In which case mine would be:

Metallica

Pantera

Iron Maiden

Nirvana

Rage Against The Machine

Johnny Cash

Rancid

Guns'n'Roses - (original line up)

Nine Inch Nails

Hole (original line up)

The Libertines

Life of Agony

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Limp Bizkit- (to re-live my youth)

Gogol Bordello

Smashing Pumpkins

Deftones

The Killers

Drop Kick Murphys

......I'm sure there are many more that I'd like to add to that, but my minds blank at the moment.

People probably haven't heard of half of my bands as I have quite an acquired taste in music! jammin.gif rolleyes_anim.gif

What a great thread though, I think you can find out a lot about people from their tastes in music!

Glastonbury's been and gone, T in the Park is on this weekend and the line up is pretty poor in my opinion, which got me thinking what would be my perfect music festival, and just because in the world of me I can re-group and bring bands back from the dead, I have a pretty eclectic and down right groovy line up.

The 2010 Festival of Spuddliness

HEADLINER'S

THE KILLERS, THE FOO FIGHTERS, RHCP, QTSA, NIRVANA ( poor Dave's going to be run off his feet rolleyes.gif), THE DOORS, T REX, TALKING HEADS, QUEEN ( not a Queen fan but they'd be fab live) PETER GABRIEL, KATE BUSH, GLEN CAMPBELL, JOHN DENVER, JUDY GARLAND, TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS, MOBY

and in the COOL AS F**K TENT

JOHN LEE HOOKER, RAY CHARLES, TOM WAITES, RUFUS WAINRIGHT, jACKIE WILSON, SAM & DAVE, GRANDMASTER FLASH AND THE FURIOUS FIVE, FRANK ZAPPA AND THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION, CARMEL., ELVIS COSTELLO AND THE ATTRACTIONS. KING CRIMSON, GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS. PATTI SMITH, JOHN MARTYN

In the, THOSE WERE THE DAYS TENT

THE DAMNED, BUZZCOCKS, MAGAZINE, BAUHAUS, THE CURE, ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN, JOY DIVISION, SIOUXIE AND THE BANSHEES, ANGELIC UPSTARTS, SPEAR OF DESTINY, SOUTHERN DEATH CULT, FAD GADGET, DANIELL DAX, UK DECAY, THE THE, EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL. TV SMITH AND THE EXPLORERS.

In the, NONE OF THE ABOVE TENT

PLAN B, THE ZUTONS, KAISER CHIEFS, EDITORS, ARCADE FIRE, CALVIN HARRIS, THE MIGHTY WAH, DEACON BLUE, DEL AMITRI, SWANSWAY, THE HOUSEMARTINS,

So, there you have it, my utterly indulgent, fantasy festival, so, whats your heavenly musical line up ?

Most of those would do me but I'd make Dave even busier by adding Them Crooked Vultures and Probot.I'd also add Motorhead somewhere and the Eagles of Death Metal.Plus I'd have the old INXS with Michael Hutchence :wub:

Can I add White Zombie to the list? Oh, and Ian Dury and The Blockheads?

Shameless brag time, but in the 70's (way before he was saddled down with kids) my dad toured with Ian Dury and The Blockheads when his band- which was rather embarrassingly called Eruption rolleyes.gif- supported them.

It was obviously way before the times of video cameras, but from the stories that my dad tells, they put on quite a show and I'd love to have seen it.