UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Care Level Two

Laura_E

One of the young people that I work with recently started an NVQ 2 in Animal Care. He has autism and can struggle with his literacy, but he is very enthusiastic and really cares about the animals that he works with.

To help him manage the workload I agreed to scribe for him, but I had no idea how much work was involved. The last unit took me nearly a week to complete, which is way too much time to be dedicating to one client when I have a caseload of 30.

His mother is very supportive, but suffers from mental health problems and can't help him with the coursework.

So I was just wondering, has anybody on here taking the qualification before, and if so could you please give me some pointers? :flowers:

Would there be anyone a the local college/rescue who could help out?

Good luck to him. flowers.gif

He is doing it via distance learning so only meets with the tutor every so often and there isn't the provision for additional support.

He can answer all of the questions without any problems, but I am just struggling to find enough time to type it all up and structure it. The units are pretty extensive considering it's only a level two qualification. :unsure: