UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stray Cat

reds

Since about September a stray cat has been seen on the farm, intermittently, by the farmer. I saw him/her for the first time one night in my car headlights, November time. Put food out but it wasn't really getting eaten so assumed he/she had gone then he/she appeared again on Christmas night :)

Put more food out but turned out to be my cats eating that! Assumed, as farmer thought, that he/she was actually a visiting cat and not a stray. Had my suspicions about maybe he/she (lets say she!) was hiding in a locked barn as that's the only place that isn't open. There's about an 8inch gap under the door which is very rarely opened. It's the old cattle shed which became the stables (now the old stables)and is now just storage space. No sighting since Christmas and then by chance I saw her again tonight just as I was finishing at the stables. She didn't run off straight away like before and seemed much less stressed. As she didn't bolt I was able to see where she went - under the door and into the barn :) She must have been there all this time (about 5 months) which explains the lack of sightings.

At least I have a definite place to put down food. Nothing from the CPL about possible owners and they don't seem to think she'd have travelled far but cats have appeared here from miles away before. Would like to see her in daylight but am just glad she seems ok :wub: I can tell she has saddleback markings now.

I was going to go in the barn for something tomorrow but will leave it now!