UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tara - Staffie Cross

This is Tara who arrived in rescue recently, she is a 7 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cross and came in as an unwanted pet. Tara was due to be put to sleep but we took her in to stop this happening. Tara has lived in a crate for the majority of her life and has been used as a breeding bitch for most of her life. She was unwanted after she jumped up against the new babies empty cot after escaping from her crate and the woman felt this meant that she wanted to attack the baby. Tara has got a wonderful temperament with people and makes a very good house dog.

tara-2.jpg

Unfortunately Tara is not good with other bitches, so would need to be walked on-lead, which she is happy with as this is all she has ever known. She needs a home as an only pet so she can get all the attention. Tara cannot be homed with children as she may knock them over. She has no food/toy possession and loves to carry a soft toy around.

tara2.jpg

Tara is being spayed, first vaccinated and microchipped on 16th December. She is also had her ears flushed as she had an untreated infection in them and was wormed and treated for mange and fleas as she had all three!

Emma - 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371

Email: [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

The first update from Tara's foster home is very positive! :)

'She is doing brilliantly. I cant believe she is not homed already she is such a fantastic dog cant fault her. She has decided to mother my son which is so sweet xxx'

Tara is now in a foster home with a 7 year old child. Although her history was that she 'wanted to attack the baby' I had a very positive feeling that this was a load of old rubbish. All she wanted to do was observe the baby. This new addition who she was not allowed anywhere near. Now she is enjoying child company which is all she wanted in the first place.

Now we need to find her a perfect new home. :)

Emma