UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stray Cat

reds

Literally 2/3 months ago the farmer said he'd seen a large tabby cat on the farm and asked if I'd brought another in. I said no and hadn't ever seen him/her. The resident cats weren't distressed which is the usual sign a stray cat is on the yard. About a month after the farmer told me I was leaving the stables in the dark one night and in my headlights there is the cat, sat against the barn wall. Looked large and a tortoiseshell and white. I approached thinking he must be a pet cat but he was very timid and scurried away. I left food out but it stopped getting eaten after a few days and then we had bonfire night and the shoot at the farm started for the season so I sadly had to give him/her up as no longer here.

Farmer saw the cat in another part of the farm in front of the stables, opposite where the cats live, this week :biggrin: Am so relieved! He/she is using the same route that Paddy did when he took 6 months to 'come in'. Am so happy he/she is back!

I've let the local CPL know but no joy about possible owners. OT my friend said all tortoiseshell cats were female - never knew that! She/he looked lovely but very skinny. I've heard him/her catching rabbits and other prey in the dark.

Fingers crossed.

I have been feeding a stray cat for a few months now and he has just plucked up the courage to come in to the house. The problem is, he isn't dog friendly, at all! The other day Tess was in the garden minding her own business when he charged at her, flaying his claws in her face. crying.gif

She tried to run away, but he kept trying to get at her. I had to practically prize him off in the end. sad01_anim.gif Then whilst I was fostering Rhino, he charged him too- and that was in the house! I know cats lash out when they are scared, but he seems to go out of his to pick fights with the dogs!

He is fine with the cats though and can be picked up and fussed. I would love to add him to the family, but I can't with the way he is with Tess. Plus, as he has pretty much moved into the back garden permanently, Tess won't go out there now (understandably), but I don't want to stop feeding him either.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I was just wondering what other people would do in this situation?

I noticed today that he has got a tick on his ear, so I am going to try and get him to the vet this weekend to have his jabs etc, god knows how long it will take to get him in a crate though! rolleyes.gif

laura what area are you in as we are missing a foster cat who dispises dogs?

I am in Feltham, close to Twickenham.

Jasper (I had to give him a name rolleyes.gif ) is a black cat with white paws and he has a little white mark under his nose in the shape of a handle bar moustache! He is about 12-18 months old and is still entire.

I rang the vets to book him in for his vccinations and to have the tick removed, but they said that I can't just take him in case he belongs to somebody, so I have to posters up first. I am rather concerned though as in addition to the tick, his eyes are also looking glazy and I'm worried that he might have cat flu sad01_anim.gif