UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Has Anyone Every Used One Of These?

Kathyw

http://www.vetinst.com/pages.php?pageid=112

Elsa was measured last week and it arrived saturday. Elsa doesn't like it and tries to get it off and I wanted to ask if anyone else has seen or experienced them and did the dog get used to it and be comfortable with using it.

It is supposed to help delay the need for wheels.

Thank you

No advice as to experience with using this but just a little with perhaps how to acclimatize her to it.

It must feel quite weird - does she adjust to new things easily or not?? I would treat it like any other new thing and put it on and then feed her treats to take her mind off it. Do this for just a few seconds at a time and then build up and hopefully she will learn to accept it.

Hope it works for you

Anne

Thank you Anne

Even liver treats didn't helprolleyes.gif

There is a set of steps (scuz pun) that have to be followed - 15 mins x 3 per day wearing the aid for a week and then 30 mins x 3 per day until by six weeks the dog ias s wearing the aid full time except for bedtime and when unsupervised.

Elsa still has her normal 1-2 hours over the Heath and would wear the aid only for the first 15 mins/30 mins until she was up to full time.

I took the aid back to the vets and Elsa is going to be re-measured on tuesday she wears a special sort of harness to enable me to help her up the car ramp and the ring is in the wrong placewacko.gif so Ray is going to put another ring onto her harness.

I would like to hear from anyone who has used one of these - I know they are fairly new but maybe someone......