UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Charlie - 9 Year Old Male Labrador

leemac

Hello everyone,

My names Lee, and i've been left with the sad task of having to find a new home for my best mate Charlie.

He's a 9 year old male golden labrador. He's in good physical health bar athritis in one knee that he needs some tablets for - i'll give details to anyone who can help me. I'm having to try and rehome him due to both our jobs meaning that we are out of the house upto 15 hours a day - for a dog that needs a lot of love and care this is just too much. We also have a 1 year old baby - Charlie needs to be the centre of attention, and he just can't be nowadays. This is upsetting him a lot, something I hate to see. I stress that at no time have I ever felt he was a threat to her though. He hasn't been neutered and is not chipped, but I will happily get him chipped if that helps. He is fully upto date with injections and wormers with the relevant paperwork.

Charlie was rescued by my wife and I when he was 2 from a farm that had lots of dogs. As such he came with a few issues, most of which we solved. The only ones we've never been able to get past are a fear of open spaces and a fear of loud bangs - both of which have gotten worse as he has aged. As such, Charlie can't be walked anymore as he becomes very aggitated - a true professional may get past this, but the one we hired couldn't. As a result of his past he also isn't keen on other dogs, so I would prefer he went to a home with no dogs.

Thats all the negative stuff.

Now the positive! As you can see from the photo's, he's the cutest dog in the world. He is very, very loveable and loves nothing more than curling up around your feet upside down waiting for his chest to be scratched. He is brilliant with kids, especially if they are old enough to chase him and play ball with him - he LOVES chasing balls. He very rarely barks unless he needs to. He used to adore long walks and swimming, and a true professional may be able to regain this, its only a year since he really started refusing to go out - with my job I can't get the time to help him with this. He will eat virtually anything too, but he's a labrador so no surprises there! He adores soft toys as you can see in the photos, and will always want one in his mouth to greet you in the morning or when you come in from work. And he is fully house trained.

I've never had to rehome a dog, so advice would be welcome too. Charlie's dream home would be an older person or couple that have a garden he can play in, who can give him the love and attention he needs. But a family with kids in and out of the house would be good for him too. If you think you can help, post on here and i'll send you my phone number so we can talk.

Thanks for reading war and peace,

Regards,

PICTURES:

Keswick2005063.jpg

095.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0143-1.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Lee

Dear Lee

We at Labrador Rescue South East and Central cover Nottingham. The Area Co-ordinator for Notts isw Chris Bailiss - Telephone: 01455 821 775. I am sure she will be able to help you and Charlie.

Mindy Randell

Area Co-ordinator

LRSE&C