UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Changing Diet..........

Tempest

Price I guess, and just not believing that anything suspected of being bad for dogs would be in the food, after losing one dog to cancer at age six I don't take any chances now.

I agree with Ange, price isn't an issue unless you are feeding supermarket own brand dog food and then very little can compete on that, but CSJ as she says make good foods with no bad additives and their cheapest food is around £10 for a 15kg bag which you have to admit is pretty inexpensive. Especially when compared to the Orijen I have just had shipped to France at £43 for 13.5Kg (and that was with free shipping). Still my boys are worth it.

Unfortunately Olls now won't even eat the Naturediet or any of the wet food mixers in with his kibble now :unsure: Yesterday he picked at his brekkie and refused dinner, today he refused brekkie and took about 2 mouthfuls of tea :unsure:

Weirdly enough though another dog walker we met at the park today kept giving him those big Pedigree type shapes and he was wolfing them down and I had to practically drap him away from her :ohmy:

I've also tried just leaving out the kibble and giving him the Naturediet on its own and tonight I opened a different packet in case it was the flavour he didn't like but still no joy :(

Sounds like you are going to have to go the home cooking route. How is he if you offered him scrambled egg with rice and tinned sardines or pilchards????

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He likes sardines and tuna - but again will pick the flakes out of his bowl and leave the kibble. I've not tried him with scrambled egg so I might give that a go too.

I always take treats out on walks with us but as he's only doing about 20 mins a day at the moment we don't really get much opportunity for him to be eating lots of treats really - although he will have a few.

Initially I was worried about giving him too much variety as I thought it might just make him even more picky about what he'd eat and what he wouldn't but I think now I'm at the point where I'll just try anything to get him to eat - I put down another bowl of Naturediet this morning and he's just completely refused it and gone back to bed :mecry:

I have emailed Wainwrights on Friday to find out which EC additives are in their wet food, I have the following email acknowledging my email:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Antioxidant EC Additives, in Wainwright wet food.

I have forwarded your enquiry to the relevant personnel for advice on this particular issue, and I am currently awaiting their response.

I shall be in touch again as soon as this is received. Thank you for your patience.

I hope we continue to be of service in the future."

I will let you know what they actually are once I receive their email.

Good thinking, hopefully it will come back a good reply, it would be handy to have another wet food thats of decent quality.

Have had a reply from P@H regarding what the antioxidant EC additive is in Wainwrights wet food:

Dear Annette,

Thank you for your continued patience regarding your query.

We have contacted the manufacturer who has confirmed that the Approved EC antioxidant additive is Vitamin E.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 602 5630 between 8am and 8pm during the week or 9am and 5pm over the weekends.

I hope we continue to be of service in the future.

Kind regards

Becky Phillips

Pets at Home

I'm glad I know and I shall happily feed Wainwrights to the hounds.

Edited by Nettie

Have had a reply from P@H regarding what the antioxidant EC additive is in Wainwrights wet food:

Dear Annette,

Thank you for your continued patience regarding your query.

We have contacted the manufacturer who has confirmed that the Approved EC antioxidant additive is Vitamin E.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 602 5630 between 8am and 8pm during the week or 9am and 5pm over the weekends.

I hope we continue to be of service in the future.

Kind regards

Becky Phillips

Pets at Home

I'm glad I know and I shall happily feed Wainwrights to the hounds.

Jolly good, I'll be picking some up next time I'm in.