UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Taz

flukespad

Please meet the fab Taz he is a Collie x lad who is a typical bouncy 11mth old.He is sadly being homed as the other dog in the household does not like his bouncy bossiness :(

He knows a few basic commands like sit and down but he's mostly deaf to them, especially when he's excited. He does pull on lead but is getting better bless him :wub: He is going to training but will need some more work with him. He has lived with older children but not cats and has been with another dog but can be a bit bossy but thats hardly surprising for a young lad who has just been neutered :rolleyes: so he would either need an older laid back pal or a home on his own. He is great around people and just enjoys being with you and joining in what you are doing. :wub:

ditaz.jpg

Homing Info

Taz is looking for an older active family (children 10+) who are willing to make him part of their daily family life and continue his training . He will need a secure garden and new owners must not leave him on own for more than 4 hrs.

Where fostered .. Nr Ashford Kent

Areas for homing .... 150 mile radius of rescue

Vaccinated .... Yes

Neutered/spayed ..... yes

Flea/worm treated ..... Yes

Insured ......... Yes

Microchipped...... Yes

Donation required ...... Set rescue donation required

Contact …. [email protected]

• 5 weeks later...

Taz is in foster with Sue and I and he really is a nice boy. He is very, very bouncy so wouldn't be suitable with very young children because he'd knock them over but his temperament is totally lovely and he'd be fine with older children - in fact, once he gets to know you he loves all humans although he is a little shy to begin with :wub: My onlly recommendation would be not to rehome him with cats or small furries (if they free range) because he does have the collie chase instinct.

He does pull on a lead but I'm sure this could be corrected by using a Gentle leader or Halti and lots of trainiing. He is like a sponge - desperate to be taught what's ok and what's not. His previous owners really didn't do much in that department :rolleyes: but he's not a bad boy - just doesn't understand his boundaries.

He would be best as an only dog although another sensible dog in the household would be ok cos he's dog friendly. Just that from a training perspective it's always easier if there's only one dog. He'd very food orientated so clicker training would be simple!

I'll follow up this post with some new pics of him. He is a total babe as long as you have some previous experience with collie type dogs. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...