UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Staffy X Needs Help

BOB

Posting on behalf of a friend on another forum. If anyone could help she would be most appreciative. Sharon lives in the Birmingham area.

"Recently my partners ex wife died leaving their 16 year old daughter "home alone", they have a dog and the daughter is moving to a small flat nearer to us, she cannot take the dog (a 9 month old staffy X) we have rung around every dog shelter, warden and the RSPCA and they have an incredibly long waiting list to take in dogs, she has been told to either PTS or dump the dog on the street (told this by the dog warden & RSPCA who can pick the dog up off the street but not collect an owned dog with no home)

My step-daughter has lost her Mother, her home (the council owns it and wont let a 16yo keep a 3-bed house) and is now losing her dog because they are moving her to a high-rise flat with a "no pets" policy. Now we have to tell her she has to have her dog PTS or tie it to a lampost so it gets picked up by the dog warden and taken to the dogs home. Unfortunately her dog doesn't get along with other animals or we would have taken it in til a new home could be found

I said that i would help her find a new home for the dog and i don't know how to tell her what the options are without adding to the problems she is already having.

I seriously think we might have to face the inevitable with this dog, she has separation anxiety (destructive), animal aggression and not keen on men, even though she is only 9 months old and i feel needs training from an experienced owner to turn her into a lovely dog (she is called "Kisses" as she is affectionate!). She is a Lab X staffy and is black (somewhat resembling a pittie type) so i guess no-one is going to leap out and take her."