UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Samsung Tocco Mobile Phone

I'm looking to get a new phone and I really like the new Samsung Tocco. I've read loads of reviews about it and it seems a lot of people think its a fab phone, but some people have some concerns. I would like to stay with Orange, but I've heard sometimes the call is cut off for no reason on this phone with the orange network? I've also heard the camera isn't too brilliant (its a 5.0mp but the picture isn't meant to be too bad once uploaded onto your PC), while others say its great and some people have found texting a problem because of the touchscreen.

Has anyone in the Fugee world bought this phone, which network are you on and what do you think to it?

Edited by Dog Rescue Lover

I have just changed from Samsung touchscreen (not this one), after a year of hell Not only do Samsungs appear to have a charging problem (which I had and had to argue with O2 about), but the touchscreen thing locks, so you don't dial by mistake - only to unlock it is also touchscreen and so when I picked the damn thing up, usually at 3am in the morning when drunk or at 5am when going to a morning appointment, it would ring the first person on the contact list. I can tell you she wasn't happy after a year, and I'd totally had enough.

I have a Blackberry now and it's a godsend in comparison.

I have a samsung u600 and I hate it. Bought it on PAYG to replace the handset I hated on my contract, but it's not much better. Absolutely shite battery life (mine went from having 2 blocks on it this morning, to completely dead by this evening, despite spending half the day switched off in my pocket because I know what it's like). I am always making accidental phone calls on the damn thing, and the camera is naff, as it takes an age to take a picture, which when you are trying to take a pic of a dog/horse, isn't helpful. I had a samsung about 3 years ago and disliked that one. I definitely won't be getting another one. Am probably going to swap back to my old old phone when I remember, as that had fab battery life and a good camera!

If it's a touch screen one then don't touch it with a bargepole. i re searched mine before getting it and all the feedbacks were fantastic so I brought it, biggest hype of shyte ever. Have just been on the Virgin pay as you go and I'm gonna have a look at those at the weekend.. cheap as chips but all have BUTTONS and hey, why do I need an all singing all dancing phone at the ripe old age of over 40, 41, 42, 43 ect ect ect

I just got a new phone, but it's not a touch screen, it's a Nokia E51. It seems pretty good so far though. OH is now on his third touch screen this year as the first two have gone wrong. None of them were Samsung though. That's not much help, is it :rolleyes: