UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Epi In Dogs - Help Site

estweyn

I hope this will be of help to anyone with diagnosed or newly diagnosed dogs with EPI. Josh has just been diagnosed, my old dog also had the condition. However I have done a lot of research on the net and found things have changed such a lot since I was treating Shadow. Also I have found some really good information relating to the enzymes and the best way to give them to your dog, information I add that my vet did not tell me. So I have put all the information together on a free msn groups site. The address is http://uk.msnusers.com/EPIindogs/epiandmydogs.msnw

I have left the site open so that anyone can browse the information on there, but if anyone want to join there will be the facility made available for your dogs story in the hope that others can benefit from the information and help their dog. You can also have your own dogs blog, the idea of this is that it is a good idea to record your dogs progress and food intake etc then if things go wrong you can backtrack and hopefully put things right. We are only human after all and forget things :rolleyes:

I also found out about a condition called SIBO that these dogs are prone to. My old dog must have suffered from this but my vet never diagnosed it, he used to get very noisy gut sounds followed by bouts of the dreaded runs and was really off, this often does not respond to upping the enzymes and needs antibiotics followed by probiotics. I feel really peed off that I didnt make Shadows life easier due to lack of information, I did not have the internet then and relied on vets for best advice.

Hope this is of use to someone on the site and feel free to cross post if you have friends with dogs suffering from this complaint.

Bless

Avril