UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White Lodge June Walk

Alison

A beautiful day and a great turnout!

Some of the rescue dogs still waiting for homes came along and they behaved beautifully. It was lovely to see them enjoying themselves so thanks to Katy, Jen and Gill for transporting and walking Ted, Dusty and Nev. :)

Yeti shared his Beasts out in the customary even-handed fashion that is his trademark :wink: .........

IMG_9223.jpg

Charlie with Jack

IMG_9236.jpg

Bren with Lucy and Helen with Kai

IMG_9210.jpg

Kai and Troy

IMG_9270.jpg

Katy and Sol's synchronised tongue poking made me smile :D

IMG_9221.jpg

Sarah and her gang enjoying the shade

IMG_9212.jpg

Tiny and Max

IMG_9231.jpg

Gill and Jen with Nev, Dizzy and Dusty

IMG_9243.jpg

Claire J very kindly brought along some coats for the rescues and also some samples of treats from her new venture, the OPK Barkery. All the hounds voted them a big hit, although Caleb and Sol insisted on tasting at least half a dozen of each flavour :rolleyes:

We had what I think was the first White Lodge picnic afterwards.

IMG_9259.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

Sossidges and big laughs all round - and I don't think any of the dogs actually pinched anything!

IMG_9275.jpg

Skye - so handsome! A natural born poser.

We wrote our suggested names for the White Lodge Babies on slips of paper. They were picked out of a hat and the winners are.........

Merlin - chosen by Tracie for Beauty

Eddie - chosen by Sarah for Black

Smudge - chosen by Mortimer, Annie and Ruby for Blue

Bailey. Whoever chose this name left before the grand draw, so could you identify yourself please?

Thanks to everyone who came along and contributed to the fun. The next White Lodge walk is scheduled to take place at Ratby Burroughs so hopefully the weather will be as lovely as it was today. See you there!

p.s. Charlie (Mavis's elder pup) asked me if I post the best photos up in this thread and the answer is no, they're just a random selection. I always have lots of other pics of hounds and their folks so if anyone wants them, just PM or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.

Tiny's owner is Claire, the lady in the pink top with the biscuits! My greedy Caleb is always where food is!! We had a fabulous afternoon, perect venue, perfect weather and of course wonderful company - hoomans & dogs!

Edited by Brenda