UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Digital Photo Frame

Alison

I'm happily behind the times in terms of hip things and modern life but sometimes I'm forced to dip my toe in the water!

A digital photo frame has come my way. I don't really know what one is and haven't seen one before, either in action or otherwise, but I sort of have a clue about what they might do. I think it'd be a nice idea to stick it on the desk in reception at White Lodge so that when people come to board their dogs, they'll be able to see photos of the rescues who're looking for new homes.

I'm making an assumption that I bung some pics on a memory stick, plug it into the side and it'll do a slide show type thing with music. There are no instructions with it, hence my reason for asking here.

1) What size memory stick do you think I'd need? I'd probably want to store about 30 photos. I'd need a tune (I'm assuming that's the idea) so require sufficient capacity to store that too.

2) I've never downloaded music at all. I'm quite uncertain as to what MP3 players and IPods do or how they work. How do I go about finding music to legally download and slap on the memory stick? :unsure:

Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance :flowers:

Edited to make me appear less stupid

Edited by Alison

Good idea for it's use!

With regard to the type of memory stick - that may depend on the frame. It should say with the instructions though... or even on the back of the frame

I expect for 30 decent size photos you would not need bigger than 256Mb (512 would be better to have a nice margin though) - not even sure you can buy them that small now but maybe a fugee somewhere will have one knocking around

I'll let someone who has donwloaded music legally come along and answer you last question