UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Control Orders In Northampton

Yeti

I couldn't imagine walking 7, 4 would be my maximum, but then mine will shout and lunge at cats if we see them on walks. I still think that the unexpected can happen and sometimes does happen and controlling more than 4 would be difficult if it should happen imo.

I suppose I'm trying to ask - what about if you (with your 6 or 7) go for a walk with a friend (who has 2 or 3 or 4) Is that ok or is that going to cause an issue?

It's crossed my mind sometimes when I've met up with friends and their dogs, especially since I've got 6..

The proposal is that a person should not be handling more than six dogs. So two of you, or three of you - any number of people - with up to six dogs each is, as I read it, is legal within the terms of the order as proposed.

Still campaigning and hoping it will not be implemented, and have a local councillor on my side.

I couldn't imagine walking 7, 4 would be my maximum, but then mine will shout and lunge at cats if we see them on walks. I still think that the unexpected can happen and sometimes does happen and controlling more than 4 would be difficult if it should happen imo.

Not sure what you mean by unexpected. What I can say - because it's happened - it that my lot did not react when a dog persistently tried to get in amongst them.

What I am not saying is that everyone should walk six or seven dogs, but what I am saying is that people should be allowed to walk the number they are comfortable with and not have a proscribed number imposed by government - local or national. n fact I don't think government should legislate in any aspect of how people live their lives if it does not affect others. If what I do (and I am not talking specifically about dogs here - though that is included) does impinge upon other people then I should punished, fined what ever. But I think the "deed not breed" principle should apply to humans too.

What I can say is it that my lot did not react when a dog persistently tried to get in amongst them until it's owner came to get it - which was not in control? In my opinion the one; the seven where.

I believe that people should be allowed to walk the number they are comfortable with and not have a proscribed number imposed by government - local or national. n fact I don't think government should legislate in any aspect of how people live their lives if it does not affect others. If what I do (and I am not talking specifically about dogs here - though that is included) does impinge upon other people then I should punished, fined what ever. But I think the "deed not breed" principle should apply to humans too.

We already have laws that say dogs must be under control and that their owners are liable for what they do: for those that can manage it, with the right dogs and the right owner, good for them.

I don't see why an extra law is needed. If you can keep 7 under control, then I take my hat off to you.