UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

He's Ok About A Name Change......

Alison

Well I've consulted The Great Ricardo (aka Dick) and provided you've got a pocket full of treats, he's not bothered what you call him! :wink:

Today is his birthday and he's 7 years old. Neutered and fully vaccinated, he was wormed in November and Frontlined in January.

That's the official blurb over with, now here's the boy..........

CopyofDick4.jpg

P1010592.jpg

3rd from right in the pack of three, above

He's great with other dogs and loves people of all ages, including children. A very outgoing lad with no issues whatsoever. Obviously my only dealings with him are in a kennel environment so I couldn't say with certainty what he'd be like in a home but all the indications are good. He's clean overnight in his kennel and doesn't seem remotely bothered when I leave! He's keen to be in front when we take all the dogs out on walks together but doesn't pull on his lead.

"Enthusiastic" sums Dick up pretty well. His recall is suprisingly good for a Greyhound with whom I've had little chance to bond, although admittedly I've only tried this in the confines of a large fenced paddock. Something else which surprises me is his retrieving skill (and again, enthusiasm). He's going to make a wonderful companion for the right owners.

The home I'd wish for Dick? Probably a family with young teenagers who'd like to chuck a ball for half an hour after school and maybe try some more ambitious things like fun obedience or giant breed agility at weekends. He's such a fast learner and loves a sense of achievement - to say nothing of the rewards that follow! :biggrin:

This is NOT an urgent rehoming request, simply something to help the right lucky person(s) to find him. Dick is perfectly content in his current kennelling situation and beautifully cared for. I'd just hate for him/his prospective owners to miss their chance of "matching up".

You can visit this boy by arranging an appointment with Gill Dymond at White Lodge Kennels on 01664 812361. Until he leaves the building for his "forever" home, he will be in residence at Kirby Bellars - just on the outskirts of Melton Mowbray (Leicestershire). Click here for further contact details.

Update 7th April: Subject to a satisfactory homecheck which will take place on Sunday, Dick will be going home next week thanks to his friends on The Refuge. How quick was that?! :biggrin: Just by the by, he actually had two visitors as a result of being "advertised" here, both of whom wanted him but as a lovely consequence another wonderful White Lodge Greyhound will also be going home next week :biggrin: :biggrin:

Many thanks for helping this boy to get the introduction he needed to find his forever folks, but could this post be left in place just in case the homecheck is not successful please?

Edited by Alison

• 3 weeks later...