UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Pet Owners Parliament

A new organisation is being launched to represent the interests of pet owners. Currently in its initial formative stages, the constitution document is avalable for download at their website:

http://petparliament.co.uk/

I personally think it is an excellent idea, and long overdue, so I thought I'd pass the info on to you.

Here is a brief run down of what it is all about:

"

Logo.jpg

The stated aims are pretty simple.

To give a voice and representation to people (pet owners), employees in the pet industry and organisations who are involved with domestic pets but who feel marginalised or out of the loop in terms of having a say in the major pet related issues of the day.

The organisation will operate on a one member one vote policy. Which means, in simple terms, if you are UK resident and you are above 16 years of age and you become a member of the Pet Owners Parliament (which will cost you not a single penny) then your vote counts. It counts equal to ANY other member. Your vote means something.

The Pet Owners Parliament (P.O.P) will seek to shape policy ideas and proposals which are aimed at making life better for pets, their owners and society at large. The size and credibility of this organisation is what will lead to the proposals it brings forward being taken seriously.

P.O.P is for anyone and everyone who has something to contribute on issues affecting domestic pet welfare and the role of domestic animals in British society.

P.O.P seeks to attract people who have real views about things that affect them personally or professionally.

The organisation's board will be made up of people who perhaps do not come from 'high level board' positions in their normal lives, but instead people who are passionate and commited about making improvements to the lives of domestic animals in the UK, however or whatever they may be.

It will also include the views and input of animal welfare organisations who, on their own are considered small, but when united under one banner will have a more influential voice in the grand scheme of political debate on domestic animal related issues."