UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Z.r.r End Of Year News Letter

zepthedep

ZEPTHEDEP ROTTWEILER RESCUE.

Charity nbr 111948.

To all our supporters a Merry Xmas and a Happy and Prosperous 2008

Jan to Dec 2007 end of year NEWS LETTER.

Well this year has had its highs and lows here at Z.R.R. The lows the death of our dearly beloved Barney, and Max a rescue we thought we saved from death row who was fostered by Velda , some of the other lows are the first time I saw the look of dispair in Chilli P’s eyes , and the sight of little Monty dragging a very limp and damaged rear leg, sights that have left a lasting impression on me.

The highs,

well there’s 100 of them the number of rotts re-homed this year ,a feat I never thought I could achieve, but I have been real lucky in the amount of support and encouragement I have received from our sponsors and rottweiler lovers everywhere, plus having some great people come on board here at Z.R.R , Im not going to name names, as I’m sure to miss someone and I don’t want to upset anyone ,but you know who you are guys , from people who foster , fund raise , home check ,help transport etc, to the REFUGE for allowing us to showcase our dogs and ask for help when it was needed , thanks guys

The figures

32 rotts saved from dog pounds , death row or took on from other rescues all over the UK . A fact I’m proud of, that other rescues feel they can call on my rescue for help when needed ,and as they know if I can I will and so often do.

27 pups from 10 days old to 20 weeks.

41 dogs from private homes.

And 1 honorary rott, a little staffy called J J.

Total 100 rotts in 2007 which is equivalent to some 750 + home checks and 10,000’s of miles travelled by us all to find the right homes for the dogs , which is why there 100 rottweilers happy in new homes this year [ sorry to keep mentioning it but that figure has made my Xmas ] .

Our meet and greets have gone great this year ,with bookings for next year filling up fast . Along the way we have picked up one or two awards at fun dog shows thanks to all the dogs and handlers doing what they do best ,looking good, behaving impeccably and showing the public that responsible pet ownership no matter what breed is what its all about, special mention goes to Cavan winner of rescue dog of the year in Sheffield and Spud [my own dog ] rescue dog of the year in N.E Derbyshire .

Well what will 2008 hold for Z.R.R who knows ,all I hope is we can continue to help any rott we can, and continue to promote this wonderful loyal and loving breed of ours.

To all , without your help and support we couldn’t of done it . THANK YOU

Jon [aka zepthedep]

Zepthedep Rottweiler Rescue