UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Omg!

Xandra

Do they really think people will believe this is a valid argument for banning certain breeds? Since when was one breed more likely to bring disease than another? :wacko:

If the dogs are banned from residential areas AND public places, where on earth can they go?

I also understand that *all* dogs now have to be muzzled in public :wacko:

It's complete bs to put it nicely, don't think that they have thought it through at all. And a lot of the things in the law makes it impossible to comply with it, can't see it being enforced everywhere either, but am sure a lot of people living in apartments are up for some worrying times ahead, me included, as nobody has any idea what the different breeds look like, and as I was telling Anne earlier, an awful lot of people have asked me if Diesel is a wolf.... :rolleyes: Also some of the breeds they have put on the list makes you laugh, or cry :unsure:

It's not all dogs that have to be muzzled, just the breeds on the list when they are in public areas, that they are not allowed to be in :wacko:

Don't think they are planning on people to rehome their dogs, rather put them down. I bet they wont stop the petshops selling any of these breeds, or the sheikhs bringing them in to the country. Wonder how many of these breeds you are allowed to have if you are a sheikh or good friends with one................................ They are the ones doing a lot of the dogfighting as well and am sure that will carry on as usual.

There is actually no rabies out here, and vaccination and microchipping is compulsory, a lot of people don't do it though. And it's VERY rarely we are able to trace owners through microchips as there is no central database :rolleyes: Think they are a bit confused over wether it's about diseases or dangerous dogs.

It is actually all dogs that are supposed to wear "masks" when they are on public streets or beaches. Dogs aren't allowed on any beaches in Dubai anymore.... and they obviously don't even know what a muzzle is called. One woman called k9 today saying she had only just arrived with her "banned" dog here and was told nothing about any of this.