UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agghh Why Say You Are Dog Friendly When Your Not!

Clare

Its even worse when they say they are dog friendly, but when you turn up with a Bull Terrier they say "oh we don't allow those dogs in, my wife doesn't like them" as happened to a member of the Bull terrier forum a few months ago, thankfully it was only a pub (in Cornwall) and they were only :unsure: going for a meal

How can they discriminate a breed on looks alone :angry:

She rang the local paper who were going to do a piece on it, but it seems nothing came of it, shame,

But The Good Food Guide they would remove the dog friendly bit

I've just booked a week at Shepherd's Cottage in Herefordshire in April :biggrin:

You're asked not to leave dogs unattended in the property or let them up on chairs/beds/etc but on the plus side they allow up to 2 dogs at no extra charge and the garden is huuuuuge and completely enclosed and safe for them to run around to their hearts content.

thebeautifulgarden.jpg

And if the garden wasn't big enough, there's a nice big field directly across the traffic-free lane that the dogs like sniffing and running around in too

dogsinfield.jpg

Found one on Quality Cottages books that takes 3 doglets though, with a 1 acre fenced garden - probably way over budget and too huge but looks lovely :)

416a.jpg

Ooo no that is perfect, with three dogs and four people the bigger the better :laugh:

We have never ventured away from Cornwall, so I think I will research the area more tonight, as it sounds lovely. Thank you :flowers:

Should think you'd like the Pembrokeshire coast if you like Cornwall - a continuation of that ruggedy beautiful coastline thing that the south west has got going on :biggrin:

Do hope it works out for you - I know the agony of being on the eternal quest for The Perfect Holiday Cottage. Think we finally found ours in Shepherd's Cottage though (phew) :)

Shepherd's Cottage looks fab but we've got three dogs :mecry: and would want to have a bit of time out with just Rob and me, plus they're used to going on the sofas at home, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to stop them when on holiday.

The one on Quality Cottages looks really lovely. I've bookmarked that for when we have some money :biggrin:

plus they're used to going on the sofas at home, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to stop them when on holiday.

Shhhh don't tell anyone but....

beingsomewhereishouldnt.jpg

(we might've occasionally let them up on throws we brought from home and then did a super efficient vaccum job on all furniture before we left!)

Bailey couldn't understand why he'd be in a toasty warm sunny conservatory and NOT be able to lie somewhere squishy :rolleyes: