UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Barking When Left Alone

gooster

Has anyone got any ideas on how to try and stop them doing this? Eddie has started barking when me and Kath are out at work, and one of the neighbours has complained to the council about him. The council are going to come round and record the noise and decide whether it is a problem or not.

He is crated during the day, after a morning walk, with a buster cube and a chew. Kath comes home at lunch to let them out for a wee and then goes back to work. We've tried moving his crate to a quieter place, we have a blind over the window so that none of the dogs can see out etc. Apparently it is mainly a problem in the afternoon.

I have brought the boys to work today and left them in the van, but is just isn't practical - inbetween patients I am diving out to see them and check they are ok. I am going to walk them at lunchtime, but ideally we need to stop his barking as it isn't really practical to do this on a regular basis (am only getting away with it today because it is Friday and the more laid back boss is in!)

Anyone any ideas?