UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Peckham Rye Fun Dog Show Yesterday

boosboss

I can't see the photos at work and my home pc is currently suffering from 'the blue screen of death' but will hopefully be fixed tonight, but hope the photos of me aren't too minging. I had a great afternoon - although I was exhausted and very grateful for Alison's experience in these things. I was careful not to pick all the staffies / lurchers / JRTs as my winners :laugh: .

Vera - if your class dog is a gorgeous pale brindle lurcher then she won prettiest bitch - I loved her and I loved the way the boy showing her was working with her. He, and she, were absolute stars. There were quite a few dogs / children with brilliant relationships and lots of positive training being done which was wonderful :wub: .

Thanks for letting me help out with this - and for giving Riley and I the chance to race off and do the mini agility at the end. She's very happy with the toys / treats in her prize bag - although I suspect the fact that we've just finished a beginners agility course might have helped us a bit - is that cheating? :unsure:

Are you sure this is best "Dog"?

Vera

And Blake (Manchester Terrier) is from my classes too... :biggrin: :flowers:

Erm, that was my mistake I got the dogs and bitches mixed up :wacko:

:ninja: I made a right faux pas when introducing Blake :unsure: I announced him as Jet, who was their last Machester Terrier that they had to have put to sleep :suicide_anim: :blush:

Edited by boosboss

Can I say what a great time I had on Saurday judging the Peckham Fun Dog Show. Everyone was enjoying themself in the sunshine and all for such a great cause. Thanks to Sian, my co judge, god what a job we had, so many of the classes were so difficult. A big pat on the bag for everyone.

I just loving judging these shows and hearing all the lovely rescue stories. One lady was looking after a dog for her friends who had gone away on holiday and he is seriously ill with a heart problem. Basically he is only a short time to live and the lady brought him out to enjoy himself. I nearly cried.

The pics of me are a touch embarrassing :ohmy: . I think the only thing that looks good is my sun tan. :biggrin:

Alison

x