UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Problems With Kyla

EAD

Over the last week Kyla has been snarling, growling and today snapped at Benji :ohmy:

It 1st happened last Sunday when I came home from a weekend break, Kyla was lying on the sofa beside me and Benji walked past sniffing and she growled.

I set out a chicken to roast and she growled at him for walking past the bench.

Earlier she was lying on the sofa beside me, he came over and she snapped at him.

And just now she was lying on the sofa with a ball in her mouth, he came over and she growled.

It has surprised me though as her and him always got on very well and he is totally oblivious to her reaction.

I suppose the obvious solution is keep her off the sofa as i think shes getting a bit too big for her paws :rolleyes: but is there anything else I should do?

I make her get on the floor or tell her off as soon as she does it.

For those who dont know Kyla is Rotti/Dobi/Lab X 3 years old spayed and Benji is X breed (unknown parents) medium size neutered nearly 17 years old.

Benji was at the vets this week as he was sick one morning. Whilst in he had his bloods done (its checked every 6 months or so) and one of his liver results was off the scale apparently. Hes on a 2 week dose of antibiotics and getting bloods retested in a few weeks.

I cant link the two though maybe I should :unsure: