UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How To Resize Pc Photos For Avatar Use?

mole

Hi everybody

Have had an avatar on the forum at one point - can't remember now how I did it - as far as I remember I just clicked on the picture from my computer and it appeared fine.

I now want to put a different avatar on - I have a feeling the picture is too big - how do I resize it?

I am useless about knowing what to do with photos so it would have to be step by step instructions I'm afraid.

Could anybody help please? :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I think the forum can auto resize it.

Do you have a graphics program of any sort, that should be able to do it? If you haven't there's a good free little graphics program called IrfanView which can easily resize photos.

Or if you'd like to send it to me I will resize it for you, email can be found in profile!

Edited by GingerMacYoYo

I think the forum can auto resize it.

I think that's what happened with my previous avatar - but I actually got the image from this forum so it may have been the correct size anyway - but with the one I want to use (it's a picture of my dogs taken with my camera) I just get an error message when I try to add it on.

I'll have a go with the free software you mentioned and if it doesn't work I'll email it to you - thanks very much for offering. :flowers:

Kathy

Hi Jan

Didn't think about this till you mentioned free software - just Googled "resizing photos" and got the following site :

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

It allows you to just do it there and then (good for techno thickies like me) and there is also an avatar resize tool.

Nice and simple - it seems to have worked but won't know till I send this post.

Thanks for turning on the lightbulb in my head.

All the best

Kathy

Hello Kathy,

Congrats on sorting out your picture. It might be worth you installing the other program to have at the ready if you see what I mean. I've used IrfanView for more years than I care to remember as it's ideal for quick fixes.

You could even crop your pic a little to make the trio show up a little better, is that going to far for you as a technophobe? LOL.

Who are the trio by the way?

Hi Jan

Yes I'll download Irfanview - as it will help me with photos - I'm not too bad as long as I have time to study things and it's explained properly :closedeyes:

The trio are left to right - Annie (Dogs Trust almost 16 years old) Bruno (RSPCA around 9 years old) and Shona (RSPCA

14 1/2 years old).

Aren't they beautiful? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Kathy