UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Attacked A Second Time In Morocco

Deanne1407

Hey you guys,

as you can probably guess from my title, on the second day of our holiday in Morocco, Shaun & Lauren were walking to the nearby shop with a friend's Highland Terrier Niabhey, (means Snowy in Spanish, as she's white) when they were attacked out of the blue.....by a Labrador, who came charging at them from the other side of the street. It was off it's lead but the owner was mortified & said that her dog had never done this before. :unsure:

As Shaun & the owner were trying to converse in their only common language...french, a language that neither of them spoke very well, they were checking Niabhey out for injuries, when they were suddenly attacked by a wild cat, who apparently caused more damage that the dog! Mind you, the dog's owner took off her shoe & started beating the wild cat with it, before it took off!! :biggrin:

Poor Niabhey had a few shallow wounds and seemed to be in shock, so Shaun carried her home as she was very badly shaken, but Shaun knew what to do this time. :rolleyes:

Lauren, God love her, completely froze, she was too scared to move & it upset her quite badly & it took her a bit of time to calm down when they got back to the apartment, but I think that she handled herself better than I could have done.....I think that I would probably have wigged out completely and collapsed in a bawling shaking mess in the street!! :mecry:

Thankfully Ben was ill in bed & slept through their emotional return & by the time he woke, we were all more relaxed. :laugh:

This does seem unfair that something like this should happen to any family, but twice in 7 months to the same family?!! :angry: However, it does prove the view that any dog is capable of attacking!!

Dee

:GroupHug:

When did it happen?

Worried about the possibility of rabies :unsure:

Shaun & Lauren are fine, just shaken, the only one who's skin was punctured was the Yorkie, but I'll say to my friend to have Niabhey checked out by her vet.....thanks for posting, :flowers: as i would never have thought of Rabies, and I don't hink she has done either.

Cheers,

Dee