UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ben Nevis Walk Postponed

BillyMalc

For the last week I've been watching the weather forecast for the Ben Nevis region like a hawk, and it's not been looking good at all. We've now decided to postpone it, as going up this weekend would possibly put us at risk, what with rain storms forecasted n all that. :( I'm gutted that we won't be going this weekend, but have provisionally set a date (Kym to confirm) for our next attempt on the first weekend of August.

So whoever's pledged to sponsor us - we WILL walk up Ben Nevis for DeedNotBreed!!!

Looking at it from the bright side: we now have another month to collect more sponsorship donations, so those of you who have missed this so far and were gutted because you thought you were too late: NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!! Check out the thread in 'Funraising' (or just post here, I'll keep track of you all! :wink: ) and pledge a couple of squids for the very worthy cause of DeedNotBreed campaigning!! :) :) :)

Weather up here changes by the minute and especially way up there - you can start off in sun and get hail half an hour later, and it's always been like that up there, but even more so now with global warming. Whenever you do go, make sure you listen to local advice at the time.

It's always been hairy weatherwise in Ben/Glen Nevis, just be very careful when you go.