UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Have To Laugh But, I Sudden't It's A Serious Problem

yena

This is Molly,

Molly6.jpg

she's lived with us since May 2000 and came from the Dog Trust in Leeds, after been there for over 6 months, she was suffering from depression and needed a home asap. She had been taken from her previous owner because they were not allowed dogs, what ever these people had done to Molly still effects her. She is unpredictable, with my other dogs and will attack without a moments notice. After trying ways of stopping these attacks without any luck, we eventually had to decided either Molly went back to the Rescue, which she hated or we would have to muzzle her when the others were wandering around. The muzzle won and she's been wearing it on and off about 1 year now. She will still attack but is unable to get her teeth into them or rag them around the floor. So what does she do now when she attacks, knowing she can't bite them, her solution is to lay on top of them pinning them down and I know I sudden't laugh it serious, but it is so strange that she has found a way of attacking them in a different way. Funnest bit is she is a softy when it comes to people, even a baby could take food out of her mouth. If anybody can offer advice please do. :flowers:

my Jess was almost exactly the same but got progressively worse tempered so we took her to the vets for x rays and scans and it was found that she had a tumour behind her eye abd a healed fractured skull that had caused some brain damage. I really hope that your girl is just being stroppy. xx

my Jess was almost exactly the same but got progressively worse tempered so we took her to the vets for x rays and scans and it was found that she had a tumour behind her eye abd a healed fractured skull that had caused some brain damage. I really hope that your girl is just being stroppy. xx

She is about 13 years old and only attacks 3 of my other dogs, I think she's just been stroppy. But, thanks for the info, it something to think about should she start attacking the other 2. :)

Can I ask what happened to Jess?

once she started having a go at the kids we knew something was badly wrong. She had always been a bit stroppy and unpredictable with other dogs but was fantastic with the children so we had the scans done. They said that the tumour was causing her pain as it was pressing on her eye and brain so it was thought best to let her go.We miss her dreadfully, she was a real character. xx

thank you,we did love her very much. We only had her 3 years as she was a rescue thought to have been a bait dog. Which is probably why she attacked at the slightest sign of any aggression from other dogs. But she was a real character and loved going away in the caravan with us. In fact this bank holiday will be the first time we have ever taken the caravan away without her!x

same here with our Jasper, we were baffled by his behaviour change, it was the guy who runs our kennel told us to check out the brain tumour idea & as sure as eggs there it was. We would not have known only we were so desperate for a few days peace that we finally decided to give him to the boarding kennel for the weekend.

Hope it's just down to quirky behaviour for you tho' :flowers: